The formula I use to to demonstrate what goes into sales success is:
Sales Success = Smarts * Effort * Quality.
Put another way it’s What You Know times What You do times How Well You Do it. Sometimes though it’s what you Don’t Do that matters.
There are another of things that I (unfortunately) still see and hear sales reps, coaches and consultants doing a little to frequently. Here’s a list of some of the top things you should stop doing immediately if you do any:
- I will not waste time chasing unprofitable leads or deals that will never close.
- I will not show up late for any sales call.
- I will not go on a sales call without proper planning and preparation.
- I will not pretend to listen; rather I will stay fully present.
- I will not talk politics, religion or sex.
- I will not talk about what I like, just what the prospect likes.
- I will not talk about features without the benefits to the prospect.
- I will not quote a price before establishing value.
- I will not skip steps in my sales process.
- I will not over-promise.
- I will not under-deliver.
- I will not let a week go by without reading something to improve myself.
For a downloadable and printable flyer of this Don’t Do List click below.